5 Tips & Tricks for Your Garden Wedding
March 21, 2018
A garden must combine the poetic and the mysterious with a feeling of serenity and joy. ~ Luis Barragan
Garden weddings are filled with the beauty and serenity of nature… but they also come with their own set of unique circumstances and things to consider. We have compiled our top five tips and tricks to ensure an enjoyable day for you and your guests.
1. Repurpose a flower window box as a unique beverage display for guests as they take their seats for the ceremony.
2. Ensure that guests know in advance that the wedding is being held in a garden so that they may wear appropriate shoes for the location. Suggest heel guards to your bridesmaids if they are wearing heels.
3. Provide sunscreen in pretty dispenser bottles, and individual bug repellent solutions at a cute station for those guests that forgot to bring or apply their own.
4. When planning decorations or table centerpieces, plan for the chance of wind and design accordingly. Avoid tall centerpieces which could topple in the breeze.
5. Embrace the weather and create a rain back-up plan for your ceremony before the big day, so that you are prepared come what may. This will ensure a stress-free wedding day.
Image credit: Angie Candella Fine Art Photography